Activities in our department are centered around the following research lines:
- Post-OFDM filterbank multicarrier (FBMC) modulations for 5G wireless communications
- Equalization and synchronization solutions for highly frequency selective scenarios
- Combination of FBMC with MIMO techniques.
- Energy Harvesting (EH) Communication and Sensor Networks:
- Design of energy-efficient wireless communication systems with energy harvesting devices
- Study of the interplay between EH and sensing/estimation in wireless sensor networks
- Privacy in Smart Meter Systems with EH Sources
- Novel paradigms in multi-antenna signal processing
- Communication architectures for mass scale multi antenna communications (massive MIMO).
- Novel signal processing architectures for large antenna arrays based on random matrix theory.