The Communications Systems Division (CSD) is a group of over 20 researchers in advanced communications and information systems. Its activities are aligned with the following fields of basic research:
- Communication Theory,
- Advanced Signal and Information Processing,
- Statistical Inference for Communications and Positioning,
Its activities concern the following areas of technology:
- Cellular Communications: LTE and beyond,
- Satellite Communications: High throughput satellites, mobile satellite services,
- Positioning and navigation systems,
- Large-scale Communication and Information Systems.
CSD has three departments, Advanced Signal and Information Processing, Array and Multi-Sensor Processing, and Statistical Inference for Communications and Positioning. Work in the CSD is project oriented. We are active in several research programs, mainly the 7th Framework Programme of the European Commission, National and Regional Government Programs, and the European Space Agency program. We collaborate with industrial and academic partners bilaterally or through funded research programs.